About Aunt & Uncle Test

An aunt or uncle will share some DNA in common with their niece or nephew. The aunt-uncle DNA test result will show the probability that a relationship exists between the people being tested. As with all relationship Testing, the sample of the mother is recommended where available to strengthen results. We normally take a 20% probability as indicating there is no biological relationship and 80% probability to indicate a biological relationship exists.

When processing an avuncular DNA test, the laboratory will establish the genetic profile of the alleged relative and the child. An avuncular index is calculated using these genetic profiles. If the avuncular DNA index is less than 1.00, it indicates that the tested persons are not related. If the avuncular DNA index is greater than 1.00, it indicates that the tested persons are more likely to be true biological relatives. The higher the avuncular DNA index value, the greater the likelihood that the tested applicants are true biological relatives.

Ordering and cost of avuncular testing

Avuncular DNA testing starts from as little as THB20,600 + 7% VAT for testing of 1 aunt or uncle with 1 niece or nephew.  The results of the DNA test will be available within 10 working days from the receipt of samples at the laboratory. Express testing is also available for results in just 3 working days.

DNA testing between male relatives

In cases where testing is carried out between an uncle and nephew a Y chromosome test can conclusively exclude or confirm a biological relationship between the two. The Y chromosome test will show whether the two male relatives share a common paternal line.

The price of the Y chromosome test is THB20,600 + 7% VAT.

The avuncular test is one of the DNA relationship tests available.

Grandparentage Test
Siblings DNA Test
X Chromosome Test